Guntakal is situated in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. The headquarter of the Anantapur revenue division and the Guntakal mandal is situated in this city. The city houses around 2 lakh residents who mainly speak in Telugu and Kannada. Situated in the south-western part of Andhra Pradesh, Guntakal is very close to the state border and is only 50 kilometers away from Bellary in Karnataka. Guntakal Railway Division of South Central Railway is one of the most profitable divisions in Indian Railways and it houses a railway diesel shed. Lord Anjaneya Swamy Temple, which is locally referred to as Nettikanti Anjaneya Swamy Temple, is situated near Guntakal and attracts devotees from across Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and several other parts of South India every day. Guntakal also has a relic of the Jain religion. Jambudweepachakra in the vicinity of the town is known to have been sculpted by Jain priests. The is a tomb of a Sufi saint named Mastan Vali is situated near Guntakal which attracts devotees across all religions and castes. Our Lady of Health Church at Guntakal is an architectural wonder.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.