Guna is a small city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It functions as the administrative headquarter of the eponymous district. The city lies on the north-eastern regions of Malwa Plateau and is defined by the Parbati river in the west. Guna is an acronym for Gwalior United Nation Army. It was founded by Chand Pradyota Mahesena and was a part of the ancient Avanti Kingdom. It was later added to the growing empire of Magadha. It passed on to the Marathas and to the Kingdom of Gwalior till it was made a part of Madhya Pradesh in 1956. Although Guna is very small and nondescript town, it still functions as an important industrial center with major industries such as National Fertilizers Limited, Gas Authority of India Limited, Deepak Spinners Limited, KS Oil Ltd, Spice park at Mavan, etc. The first private state university of the state is at Guna. The Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology has a sprawling campus in Guna which offers facilities like hostel, mess, laundry, shopping center, medical center, etc. to the 1500+ students. A few places worth visiting in and around Guna are Shri Shanti Nath Digambar Jain temple at Bajrangarh, Bees Bhuja Devi, Kedarnath, Hanuman Tekri, Christ The King Church and Panchmukhi Hanuman Ashram.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.