Gudivada is situated in the Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh. The city functions as the headquarter of the Gudivada revenue division and the Gudivada Mandal. Gudivada is a part of the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region, located in the Coastal Andhra region of the state. Gudivada has a population of more than 1 lakh residents who commonly use the Telugu language. Gudivada has derived its name from the words Gudi which means Temple and Vada which means settlement or town in Telugu. As per some inscriptions, the town has been inhabited since the 3rd Century or 2nd Century BCE, since the time of the Sathavahanas. Archaeological excavations conducted at Gudivada found an ancient Buddhist stupa mound and several Jain relics. Hence, Gudivada is a religiously diversified town with numerous Hindu Temples and important Jain Tirth as well. The city is divided into 36 election wards for effective governance. There are six temples at Gudivada under the management of the Endowments Department - Sri Gowri Sankara Swamy Temple, Sri Bhimeswara Swamy Temple, Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple, Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple, Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple and Sri Vigneswara Swamy Temple. There are many government-run as well as private educational institutions in Gudivada. This town has a good network of roads and railway which connect it to all nearby areas.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.