The district of Buxar consists of areas under the Buxar Sadar of the old Bhojpur District and it came into existence in 1991. The headquarters and principal town of the state is Buxar Town. The district is surrounded by Ballia, Ghaziapur, Rohtas and Bhojpur District. The Buxar District consists of a total of 2 sub-divisions and 11 blocks. One town is located in each of the sub-division. The climate of the district is moderate. The months of May and April are considered to be very hot and the cold weather begins in November and lasts till March end. However, the rainfall experienced by the district is mostly in July and August. The district of Buxar is also struggling with the problems of deforestation which is asserted by the thin forest area. Firewood is still considered to be one of the major products of these forests. One of the primary reasons for the thinning of forest line is considered to be the development of irrigation programs around the district. Animals found in the district are Neelgain, spotted deer and monkeys. The perennial source of water is the river, Sone. This river-stretch provides irrigation to a significant portion of the district. Buxar has gradually turned into an agriculture-centric district with a large chunk of its land-use devoted towards agricultural activities. Rice, wheat, grams and pulses are considered to be the main crops of the district. When it comes to industry, there are many small and medium scale industries located in this district. The major SMEs in the district being the soap industry and the leather industry. The credit facilities in the district, however, are very limited. The primary credit-giving banks in the district are the Central Co-Operative Institutions. These banks are only limited to financing the short and medium term loans towards agricultural practices.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.