The Indian city of Burhanpur is a historical city located in the Nimar region of Madhya Pradesh. It functions as the administrative hub of Burhanpur District. It is situated on the bank of River Tapti. Historical excavations have revealed that the Rashtrakuta Dynasty had ruled over the area during 753?982 AD. In 1388, the Faruqi dynasty Sultan Malik Nasir Khan discovered Burhanpur, made it the capital of the Khandesh sultanate and named it after a medieval Sufi saint called Burhan-ud-Din. During the reign of the Faruqi dynasty, the city got transformed into a major center for textile production and trade. The place was later annexed into the Mughal Empire in 1601 by Emperor Akbar. Burhanpur is known for its textile industry as it is the largest center for the power loom industry in Madhya Pradesh. Over 300 companies that deal in interlining cloth and other types of fabric are based in this city. Balaji has its units for manufacturing pipes and agricultural equipment in Burhanpur. Additionally, there are many cotton and oil mills in the city. Burhanpur is also the largest producer of banana in Madhya Pradesh. Burhanpur is well-known for its thriving tourism industry. Apart from the scenic views, the city offers several beautiful spots for tourism such as Asirgarh Fort, Shahi Qila, Dargah-e-Hakimi, Swami Narayan Temple, etc.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.