The city of Bidar is also known as The Crown of Karnataka. Located atop a small hill in the north-eastern regions of Karnataka, this city borders Maharashtra and Telangana state. It is a rapidly urbanizing city, well known for its architectural, historical and religious importance. The 500 years old Bidar fort still stands strongly, picturesquely perched on the Deccan plateau. There are more than 30 tombs spread across Bidar city, which has earned it the nickname of the "City of Whispering Monuments." Several heritage sites in and around this city have become a dominant attraction for film shooting recently. Bidar hosts the second biggest Indian Air Force training center in India. The IAF Station at Bidar gives advanced jet training to prospective fighter pilots. Bidar is known for its cottage industries like cotton and oil-ginning mills, that work on local raw materials and employ local skills. Bidri ware, a well-known form of local handicraft, was once highly popular in this region but is gradually declining. The city is famous for its large industrial area, known as the Kolhar industrial area, which houses several successful pharma companies such as Sai Life Sciences, vivimed, corvine pharma, shreegen pharma, shreevan chemicals, santho carrels pharma, etc. Bidar is known for its highly successful tourism industry that single-handedly fuels a majority of the citys economy.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.