Bhubaneswar is the capital of the eastern Indian state of Odisha. The city is located in the Khordha district of Odisha, and it is the largest city in the state. It lies on the eastern coastal plains near the Eastern Ghats. The topography of the city is split into the western uplands and the eastern lowlands. There are hillocks in the northern and the western parts of Bhubaneswar. The city falls under the jurisdiction of the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation area. There are 173 revenue villages and two other municipalities within this boundary. The city is shaped like a dumbbell. The city can be distinctly categorized into the old town and the new planned city. The old town is primarily characterized by temples and hence often referred to as the Temple town by the locals. Some of the famous temples here include the Lingaraj Temple, the Rajarani Temple and the Kukteshwara Temple. The newer planned city was conceptualized and designed in 1948 to house the state capital. It is a modern city with schools, colleges, universities, shopping centers, hospitals and recreational facilities. This fast-growing city is an important trading and commercial center in Odisha as well as in eastern India. Its a great place for business and is rapidly transitioning into an IT hub. Tourism considerably contributes to the economy of the city as it is very near to the coveted sea-side destination as well as a pilgrimage - Puri. Other popular places of tourist attraction near Bhubaneswar is the Konark Sun Temple, Dhauligiri, Nandan Kanan Zoo, etc.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.