Bhilwara, a town in the Mewar region of the Indian state of Rajasthan, is the 7th largest city in the state. The city has several seasonal rivers like Kothari, Menali, Bedach, Banas, Khari and Mansi meandering through it. The city depends upon its ponds and dams for irrigation. The major industry in Bhilwara is textiles. There are more than 850 textile manufacturing units that specialize in the synthetic fabric used in trousers. Bhilwara is also the one and only center in India that produces insulation bricks. The city has around 33 units for it. Bhilwara also has a thriving mining industry in which large-scale mining is done for sandstone, soapstone, feldspar, quartz, China clay, mica, etc. The city has recently caught the attention of the iron ore industries as it has enormous deposits of low-grade iron. A huge plant for iron ore mining and beneficiation has been set up at Bhilwara recently, which has made this city a magnet for all the major steel companies of India and has simultaneously made Rajasthan an important name for the steel industries of the country.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.