The city of Bellary in the Indian state of Karnataka is also known as the corporation city. It has several other names such as Kuntala Desha, Sindavadi-Nadu and Nolambavadi-Nadu. It is a very well-known mining town. Various dynasties like the Chalukyas, the Vijanagara Empire, the Marathas, the Nizams, the Sultans, etc. have ruled over this city for years. Bellary is divided into 35 wards in order to ensure effective governance and administration, which is managed by elected representatives. The main source of the citys economy is from the industries like mining and agriculture. The city houses various industries like steel, textiles, garments and rice mills. Bellary attracts tourists in between October and December from India and abroad. The city is known for its majestic forts, serene hills, verdant parks, gardens and green spaces. Popular tourist spots in Bellary include the Bellari fort, The Ballari and Kumbara Rock Hills, Bellary Zoo, Kuntegadda Park, Kaategudda Park, Nagaruru Narayanarao Park, etc. The city has a multi-lingual community. While Kannada is the official language, Telugu is the most widely used language in this city. Moreover, Dakhini and Hindi are also spoken by many. There are several minority speakers of Gujarati, Rajasthani, Punjabi, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Marwari, Nepali, Odia, Bihari, and Manipuri.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.