Amroha is located in the north-western region of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The city has developed near the banks of the Sot River. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the Amroha district. The name of the city emerged from the Sanskrit word Amr which refers to Mango and Vanam which means forest. True to its name, Amroha is famed for its production of mangoes. The city houses industries such as cotton & textiles. There are many small-scale production units of cotton cloth, pottery, hand-loom weaving, carpet manufacturing, wood handicrafts, sugar milling and manufacturing of dholak. Amroha is well connected to the rest of the country through Railways and Road. It has 2 lakh residents who speak in Hindi and Urdu.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.