Orai is located in the Jalaun district of Uttar Pradesh. This city functions as the district headquarters of the Jalaun district in the Jhansi division of the state. The NH-27 passes through Orai, which is midway between Jhansi and Kanpur. Orai is believed to have been named after a saint - Rishi Uddalak who is worshipped in the area. Orai was ruled by the Rajputs, the Chandels, the Mughals, the Marathas and many other regional rulers. Orai became a scene of much violence during the Great Revolt of 1857. The residents of the area who were in the 53rd Native Infantry deserted their officers and rebelled against them as soon as they came to know of the rising in Kanpur. Orai witnessed major changes after 1990 when industries were introduced to the area. HUL, Sun India Pharmacy and several other companies opened their units in and around Orai. The city was further developed as schools and colleges were established, roads were built and the infrastructure was improved. A predominantly dry area, Orai is watered by the Bethwa Canal that supports the production of grain, oil-seeds, cotton and ghee which are exported. The city has more than 2 lakh residents and they speak in Hindi.
Bank of Baroda (BoB) is a financial services company headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat, India and have its corporate office in Mumbai. It is ranked 1145 on Forbes Global 2000 list, as per 2017 data. The total assets of BOB are more than ? 3.58 trillion (making it Indias 2nd biggest bank by assets).It has 5538 branches in India and overseas, and 10441 ATMs as of July 2017. On 20 July 1908, The Bank of Baroda was found by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in Gujarat. It was nationalized on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, and has been designated as a profit-making public sector undertaking. In 1910, BoB started its first branch in Ahmedabad. It went abroad for serving the Indian communities in Kenya and Uganda, then in 1953, by establishing a branch each in Mombasa and Kampala. The next year a second branch was opened in Nairobi, Kenya and in 1956 it opened an office in Tanzania at Dar-es-Salaam. Then in 1957, BoB took a giant step abroad by establishing a bank branch in London. In 1958, BoB acquired Hind Bank established in Calcutta in 1943, which became BoBs first domestic acquisition.