Hindupur is located in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. It functions as the headquarters of the Hindupur revenue division and mandal. This town houses more than 1.5 lakh residents who primarily speak in Telugu. Hindupur is a commercially and industrially populous town. Hindupur is an important pilgrim; Sri Ranganath Swamy Temple and near Lepakshi temple attracts thousands of pilgrims every year. The municipal town of Hindupur is divided into 38 election wards and 30 revenue wards to ensure effective governance. Hindupur lies on the banks of River Penna. However, the agricultural scenario in the area is largely dependant upon rains and often suffers from the shortage of drinking water and crop failures due to the lack of adequate rain. agricultural requirements. Hindupur is a leading commercial center in the Rayalaseema Region. Cloth business is the most important business in Hindupur along with various products such as jaggery, tamarind, groundnuts, chilies and pulses. Mulberry cocoons are also procured in this town which results in the production of silk threads and silk sarees. Silk trade is gaining momentum at Hindupur as one of the important commercial activities and it might soon develop for the foreign export of silk fabrics. The area also has a few cottage industries like starch factories, beedi making, oil mills, match factories and agarbathi units.
Bank of Baroda (BoB) is a financial services company headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat, India and have its corporate office in Mumbai. It is ranked 1145 on Forbes Global 2000 list, as per 2017 data. The total assets of BOB are more than ? 3.58 trillion (making it Indias 2nd biggest bank by assets).It has 5538 branches in India and overseas, and 10441 ATMs as of July 2017. On 20 July 1908, The Bank of Baroda was found by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in Gujarat. It was nationalized on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, and has been designated as a profit-making public sector undertaking. In 1910, BoB started its first branch in Ahmedabad. It went abroad for serving the Indian communities in Kenya and Uganda, then in 1953, by establishing a branch each in Mombasa and Kampala. The next year a second branch was opened in Nairobi, Kenya and in 1956 it opened an office in Tanzania at Dar-es-Salaam. Then in 1957, BoB took a giant step abroad by establishing a bank branch in London. In 1958, BoB acquired Hind Bank established in Calcutta in 1943, which became BoBs first domestic acquisition.