Alappuzha, popularly known as Alleppey, located in Kerala, functions as the administrative headquarters of the Alappuzha District. This city and a municipality in Kerala has an urban population of nearly two lakh people, having highest literacy rate in the state. The Centre for Science and Environment rated Alleppey as the cleanest town in India in 2016, followed by Mysuru and Panaji. This city is the oldest planned city in this area. The lighthouse on the coast of Alappuzha is the first of its kind on the Laccadive Sea coast. The town of Alappuzha is known for its picturesque canals, backwaters, beaches, and lagoons. Lord Curzon had described this city as the "Venice of the East." Malayalam is the most commonly used language in Alappuzha. Alleppey is a place of great tourist attraction in India. The Backwaters of Alleppey are the most popular tourist destination in Kerala. The cruise and houseboats in these backwaters are highly popular. Other attractions in the area are Alappuzha Beach, Pathiramanal, Ambalappuzha Sri Krishna Temple, Arthunkal, Mannarasala Temple, St. Andrews Basilica, Krishnapuram Palace, Haripad Sree Subrahmanya Swamy temple, Chettikulangara Devi Temple, Thakazhy Sree Dharma Sastha Temple, Padanilam Parabrahma Temple, Edathua Church, Mullakkal Temple, Alappuzha CSI Christ Church and Champakulam Valia Palli. The economy of this town is fuelled by tourism followed by agriculture and marine products. Although the district is industrially backward, a few traditional industries such as coir and coir products, handlooms, handicrafts, marine products and toddy tapping are quite popular in Alappuzha for a long time.
Bank of Baroda (BoB) is a financial services company headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat, India and have its corporate office in Mumbai. It is ranked 1145 on Forbes Global 2000 list, as per 2017 data. The total assets of BOB are more than ? 3.58 trillion (making it Indias 2nd biggest bank by assets).It has 5538 branches in India and overseas, and 10441 ATMs as of July 2017. On 20 July 1908, The Bank of Baroda was found by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in Gujarat. It was nationalized on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, and has been designated as a profit-making public sector undertaking. In 1910, BoB started its first branch in Ahmedabad. It went abroad for serving the Indian communities in Kenya and Uganda, then in 1953, by establishing a branch each in Mombasa and Kampala. The next year a second branch was opened in Nairobi, Kenya and in 1956 it opened an office in Tanzania at Dar-es-Salaam. Then in 1957, BoB took a giant step abroad by establishing a bank branch in London. In 1958, BoB acquired Hind Bank established in Calcutta in 1943, which became BoBs first domestic acquisition.