siwan is a city in Bihar. It is the district headquarters of the eponymous district. The city is situated near the border of Uttar Pradesh. Siwan has around 1.3 lakh residents who speak in Bhojpuri, Hindi & English. The city is divided into 38 wards for effective administration. This city has probably got its name from Shiva man, the ruler of the area until Babars arrival. A small river called the Daha River passes through the middle of the town - it dries up during the summer and often floods the town during the monsoon. 80% of the residents of Siwan are educated as the city is known for its many reputed academic institutions. Siwan is well connected via roadways and railways. The NH-531, NH-27 and several State Highways pass through the city. Siwan Junction railway station connects the city to other major cities of India.
The Axis Bank has 14,000 ATMs, nine international offices, and 3,304 branches. The head office of Axis Bank is in Mumbai and registered office in Ahmedabad. The Axis Bank is the third largest private-sector bank in India offering a comprehensive range of financial products. The bank employed over 55,000 people and had a market capitalization of ?1.28 trillion, as of March 31, 2017. As of 30 Jun. 2016, the promoters & promoter group (United India Insurance Company Limited, Oriental Insurance Company Limited, National Insurance Company Limited, New India Assurance Company Ltd, GIC, LIC & UTI) owns the 30.81% shares of the Axis Bank. The rest of the 69.19% shares are held by Mutual Funds Institutions, FIIs, Financial Institutions (banks), Insurance companies, corporate bodies & individual investors among others. The registered office of the UTI bank was opened in Ahmedabad, and corporate office was opened in Mumbai in December 1993. Dr. Manmohan Singh, the Finance Minister of India, inaugurated the first branch on 2 April 1994 in Ahmedabad. After the Government of India allowed new private banks to be incorporated, the UTI Bank began its operations in 1993. In 2001 UTI Bank agreed to merge with and amalgamate Global Trust Bank, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) withheld approval, and nothing came of this. In 2004 the RBI put Global Trust into moratorium and supervised its merger into Oriental Bank of Commerce. The UTI Bank became the first Indian bank to launch the travel currency card in 2003. On July 30, 2007, UTI Bank changed its name to Axis Bank.