Tiruvottiyur is located in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is a neighborhood in North Chennai, located within the Greater Chennai Corporation. It is often spelled as Thiruvottriyur or just TVT. The city belongs to the Tondiarpet division of the state. The city is located near Parrys and Chennai Central, yet it provides comparatively cheaper residential space along with decent amenities. Hence, it has become a much-coveted and sought after residential destination.The city comprises of industrial units, trading activity and fishing hamlets. Tiruvottiyur is easily accessible road and railway. There are around 2.5 lakh residents in Tiruvottiyur. It is believed that Thiruvottiyur was inhabited even before the city of Chennai was formed. There are many ancient as well as new temples in and around the city. Tiruvottiyur is a heavily populated suburb of Chennai. It has a few industrial establishments that employ a majority of the citys population. Business is another source of income for the residents. The fishing industry is also enormous in the city. The city is well-equipped with all the modern facilities and amenities. However, entertainment options are rather scarce in this city as a lot of movie theaters have been converted into real estate properties. The city is well-known for its food and a lot of hotels, restaurants and small food joints are distributed across the place. Thiruvottiyur is considered to be an economical housing zone. It is gradually developing on par with the other localities in Chennai.
The SVC Cooperative Bank Limited is a banking company incorporated and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of theShamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. The bank in opened first Co-operative store in 1910. In 1915, the first Co-operative housing society was built in Bombay. In 1927, the Fidelity Guarantee Fund was launched simultaneously with Distress Relief Fund in 1931 and Staff Gratuity Fund in 1954. In 1964, Safe Deposit Vaults were introduced by the bank. In Fiscal 2016, the deposits of the bank crossed 13000 crores. In 2002, the corporate office was opened by the bank at SVC Tower in Vakola. In 2003, Genius I Core banking solution was implemented in all the branches of SVC bank.