Ghaziabad is a well-known city which is often called the “Gateway of Uttar Pradesh” due to its proximity to the capital city of India, New Delhi. Ghaziabad is a part of the National Capital Region and is inhabited by more than 2 million people. Wazir Ghazi-ud-din founded Ghaziabad in 1740. He named it ‘Ghaziuddinnagar’ after himself. The Mughal royal family would visit Ghaziabad for picnics, especially in the areas near the Hindon river. The Hindon river clearly divides the city into two parts – the Cis-Hindon on the east bank and the Trans-Hindon on the west. Ghaziabad is a huge and planned industrial city and it is the main educational, commercial and industrial center of Western Uttar Pradesh. Ghaziabad witnessed a gigantic industrial growth soon after independence. Steel manufacturing units were the first to be set up in the area, followed by electronic industries. Many major industrial houses quickly followed in setting up their units in and around Ghaziabad. A rapidly developing city, plenty of new job opportunities have recently opened up in Ghaziabad owing to its recent corporate boost. Many new commercial and residential projects are being set up in the city, gradually turning Ghaziabad into a real estate hub.
The SVC Cooperative Bank Limited is a banking company incorporated and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of theShamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. The bank in opened first Co-operative store in 1910. In 1915, the first Co-operative housing society was built in Bombay. In 1927, the Fidelity Guarantee Fund was launched simultaneously with Distress Relief Fund in 1931 and Staff Gratuity Fund in 1954. In 1964, Safe Deposit Vaults were introduced by the bank. In Fiscal 2016, the deposits of the bank crossed 13000 crores. In 2002, the corporate office was opened by the bank at SVC Tower in Vakola. In 2003, Genius I Core banking solution was implemented in all the branches of SVC bank.