The Indian city of Ratlam is located in the Malwa region in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The city was created soon after the Indian independence and it functions as the administrative headquarters of the Ratlam district. The city was founded by a descendant of Raja Udai Singh of Jodhpur, in the year 1652. Ratlam is known for its love of food - especially the world-famous salty snack called the Ratlami Sev. The city is also known for its purity of gold jewelry and its saree market. The Ratlami Sev is exported to foreign countries including the US and the Gulf. These three considerably contribute to the citys economic growth. Ratlam also has several industries manufacturing copper wire, plastic ropes, artificial oxygen and chemicals. The city also has a thriving market for traditional Rajasthani as well as Gujarati handwork and kitchen wares. Ratlam has quite a few good schools and colleges, but the government is establishing more educational institutions to offer a variety of courses to the young talents of Ratlam. The most famous Jain pilgrimages - Shri Nageshwar Parshwanath Tirth and Bibrod Tirth are located in Ratlam. The city also has other places of tourist attraction such as Kalika Mata Temple, Isarthuni, Bilpank Mahadev Temple, Satrunda Mataji Temple, Kedareshwar Temple, Cactus Garden, Hussain Tekri, etc.
The SVC Cooperative Bank Limited is a banking company incorporated and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of theShamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. The bank in opened first Co-operative store in 1910. In 1915, the first Co-operative housing society was built in Bombay. In 1927, the Fidelity Guarantee Fund was launched simultaneously with Distress Relief Fund in 1931 and Staff Gratuity Fund in 1954. In 1964, Safe Deposit Vaults were introduced by the bank. In Fiscal 2016, the deposits of the bank crossed 13000 crores. In 2002, the corporate office was opened by the bank at SVC Tower in Vakola. In 2003, Genius I Core banking solution was implemented in all the branches of SVC bank.