Rampur is a city located in the Rampur District of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. A rich and thriving city earlier, Rampur was known for its industries like sugar refining and cotton milling. Its famous library has over 12000 rare manuscripts and an excellent collection of Mughal miniature paintings. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the Rampur District and hosts a majority of Muslim population. It is often referred to as the city of Nawabs. Rampur is famous for unique long-bladed knives known as "Rampuri chaaku," which has been recently banned by the state government. The Nawabs of Rampur were highly fond of poetry and other fine arts. Hence, the city is famous for its Urdu poetry which has come to be known as the Rampuri school of poetry. The city is also known for the Rampur-Sahaswan gharana of Hindustani classical music. The rulers of Rampur have gifted the city with architectural wonders - the Rampur Fort, the Jama Masjid, the Shahbad Gate, the Nawab Gate are a few to name. The economy of Rampur is driven by its major cash crop called mentha which aids in the manufacture of menthol oil. The kite-making industry is a prime industry in Rampur; artisans make hand-made kites of various sizes and shapes that are popular all over the state.
The SVC Cooperative Bank Limited is a banking company incorporated and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of theShamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. The bank in opened first Co-operative store in 1910. In 1915, the first Co-operative housing society was built in Bombay. In 1927, the Fidelity Guarantee Fund was launched simultaneously with Distress Relief Fund in 1931 and Staff Gratuity Fund in 1954. In 1964, Safe Deposit Vaults were introduced by the bank. In Fiscal 2016, the deposits of the bank crossed 13000 crores. In 2002, the corporate office was opened by the bank at SVC Tower in Vakola. In 2003, Genius I Core banking solution was implemented in all the branches of SVC bank.