Ongole is located in the Prakasam district of the South-Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The city operates as a municipal corporation as well as the headquarters of the Prakasam district. Ongole also serves as the headquarters of the Ongole mandal in the Ongole revenue division. The city is known for its Ongole cattle, which is a breed of oxen and is a part of the worlds major zebu cattle breeds. The narrow streams of the Gundlakamma river pass through the city. Ongole has around 2 lakh residents who speak in Telugu. Agriculture fuels the economy of Ongole. The city is a center for trading tobacco in Andhra Pradesh. Many units of Galaxy Granite polishing provide a huge employment source to the residents of Ongole. The famous Ongole bulls are actually a breed of Oxen. These animals are exported to various countries. The Brahman bull found in America is considered to be an off-breed of the Ongole. Such off-breeds are found in Malaysia and Brazil too. The original breed of this animal is found in a tiny region around the town, in between the Gundlakamma and Musi Rivers. Ongole is also known for its beautiful parks and educational institutes.
The SVC Cooperative Bank Limited is a banking company incorporated and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of theShamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. The bank in opened first Co-operative store in 1910. In 1915, the first Co-operative housing society was built in Bombay. In 1927, the Fidelity Guarantee Fund was launched simultaneously with Distress Relief Fund in 1931 and Staff Gratuity Fund in 1954. In 1964, Safe Deposit Vaults were introduced by the bank. In Fiscal 2016, the deposits of the bank crossed 13000 crores. In 2002, the corporate office was opened by the bank at SVC Tower in Vakola. In 2003, Genius I Core banking solution was implemented in all the branches of SVC bank.