Ichalkaranji is a city in the Kolhapur district of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The city is known for its textile manufacturing industry and the export of textile goods. This city was initially a Maratha Princely state which is situated on the banks of the Panchganga River. It lies in the Panchganga valley, quite near to the neighboring city of Kohlapur. There are seven hamlets within Ichalkaranji. Ichalkaranji Municipal Council looks after the civic administration of the city. There are 65 wards in the city that are governed by the elected council members. The textile business boosts the economy of this city and raised the per capita income to Rs.116,472. Hence, the city is often referred to as the "Manchester of Maharashtra." Engineering, especially the manufacture of measuring instruments, is the second largest industry here and considerably contributes to the economy of the city. The finance sector also has a prominent presence in Ichalkaranji and provides employment opportunities to many residents. Sugarcane is also heavily cultivated at Ichalkaranji. The city has several schools and colleges that offer different types of education and courses. There are many institutes offering research facilities.
The SVC Cooperative Bank Limited is a banking company incorporated and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of theShamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. The bank in opened first Co-operative store in 1910. In 1915, the first Co-operative housing society was built in Bombay. In 1927, the Fidelity Guarantee Fund was launched simultaneously with Distress Relief Fund in 1931 and Staff Gratuity Fund in 1954. In 1964, Safe Deposit Vaults were introduced by the bank. In Fiscal 2016, the deposits of the bank crossed 13000 crores. In 2002, the corporate office was opened by the bank at SVC Tower in Vakola. In 2003, Genius I Core banking solution was implemented in all the branches of SVC bank.