Hajipur is the largest city in the Vaishali district of Bihar. It is located in the Tirhut Division and functions as the district headquarters. This city is closely following Patna in terms of rapid development. Hajipur has a total population of nearly 4.5 lakh. It is a leading city in Bihar in terms of growth. Hajipur falls within the territorial boundaries of the Patna Regional Development Authority area. It is linked to Patna via Mahatma Gandhi Setu which is one of the longest bridges in the country, stretching over nearly 6 kilometers. The town was founded by Haji Ilyas Shah, a King of Bengal, and the town has been named after him. The economy of Hajipur is service-orientated as 55% of the total population is employed in the service sector. Hajipur also has a minor industrial sector and an agricultural base. The city is known for its banana cultivation. The industrial area at Hajipur houses brands of FMCG and agro-based companies such as Pepsico, Britaniya, HUL, Godrej, Anmol, Bansal, etc. The various places of interest in and around the city include the Ramchaura Mandir, Kaun Haara Ghat, Nepali Mandir, Pataleshwar Mandir, Bateshwar Nath Temple, Sonepur Cattle Fair, Vaishali Mahotsava, Baithakji Hajipur, etc.
The SVC Cooperative Bank Limited is a banking company incorporated and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of theShamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. The bank in opened first Co-operative store in 1910. In 1915, the first Co-operative housing society was built in Bombay. In 1927, the Fidelity Guarantee Fund was launched simultaneously with Distress Relief Fund in 1931 and Staff Gratuity Fund in 1954. In 1964, Safe Deposit Vaults were introduced by the bank. In Fiscal 2016, the deposits of the bank crossed 13000 crores. In 2002, the corporate office was opened by the bank at SVC Tower in Vakola. In 2003, Genius I Core banking solution was implemented in all the branches of SVC bank.