The city of Etawah is located in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Located on the banks of the Yamuna, this city functions as the administrative headquarters of the Etawah District. Etawah was an important center for the Revolt of 1857. The city witnesses the confluence of the Yamuna and the Chambal. The relics of the Great Hedge of India can be found in this city. History claims that this region existed even in the Bronze Age. The Hindu epic Mahabharata records this place as Ekchakranagari. This is where the Pandavas had learned about Draupadis swayamvara from the Brahmins. The Guptas, the Kanvas, Kanishka and the Naga kings have ruled over this area. During the Great Revolt of 1857, Etawah was occupied by the freedom fighters for six months from June to December, which disrupted the British rule for quite a long time. The economy of this area is supported by the cultivation of cotton, oilseeds, ghee and other agricultural produce that are locally consumed as well as exported. Special breeds of goats and buffaloes called Jamunapaari and Bhadawari respectively are raised in the area and exported. Etawah has a natural gas-based power generation plant. However, it doesnt have any manufacturing industry. Etawah is also known for its handloom products.
The SVC Cooperative Bank Limited is a banking company incorporated and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of theShamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. The bank in opened first Co-operative store in 1910. In 1915, the first Co-operative housing society was built in Bombay. In 1927, the Fidelity Guarantee Fund was launched simultaneously with Distress Relief Fund in 1931 and Staff Gratuity Fund in 1954. In 1964, Safe Deposit Vaults were introduced by the bank. In Fiscal 2016, the deposits of the bank crossed 13000 crores. In 2002, the corporate office was opened by the bank at SVC Tower in Vakola. In 2003, Genius I Core banking solution was implemented in all the branches of SVC bank.