The city of Bidar is also known as The Crown of Karnataka. Located atop a small hill in the north-eastern regions of Karnataka, this city borders Maharashtra and Telangana state. It is a rapidly urbanizing city, well known for its architectural, historical and religious importance. The 500 years old Bidar fort still stands strongly, picturesquely perched on the Deccan plateau. There are more than 30 tombs spread across Bidar city, which has earned it the nickname of the "City of Whispering Monuments." Several heritage sites in and around this city have become a dominant attraction for film shooting recently. Bidar hosts the second biggest Indian Air Force training center in India. The IAF Station at Bidar gives advanced jet training to prospective fighter pilots. Bidar is known for its cottage industries like cotton and oil-ginning mills, that work on local raw materials and employ local skills. Bidri ware, a well-known form of local handicraft, was once highly popular in this region but is gradually declining. The city is famous for its large industrial area, known as the Kolhar industrial area, which houses several successful pharma companies such as Sai Life Sciences, vivimed, corvine pharma, shreegen pharma, shreevan chemicals, santho carrels pharma, etc. Bidar is known for its highly successful tourism industry that single-handedly fuels a majority of the citys economy.
The SVC Cooperative Bank Limited is a banking company incorporated and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of theShamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. The bank in opened first Co-operative store in 1910. In 1915, the first Co-operative housing society was built in Bombay. In 1927, the Fidelity Guarantee Fund was launched simultaneously with Distress Relief Fund in 1931 and Staff Gratuity Fund in 1954. In 1964, Safe Deposit Vaults were introduced by the bank. In Fiscal 2016, the deposits of the bank crossed 13000 crores. In 2002, the corporate office was opened by the bank at SVC Tower in Vakola. In 2003, Genius I Core banking solution was implemented in all the branches of SVC bank.