Bhimavaram is situated in the West Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The administrative headquarter of the Bhimavaram Mandal in the Narasapuram revenue division is situated at Bhimavaram. The city has around 1.5 lakh residents who speak in Telugu. Bhimavaram was under the reign of the Chola dynasty, proven by many stone inscriptions found in the town from this era. The name Bhimavaram literally translates to "the gift of Bhima". Legend says that a king named Chalukya Bheema had built a Siva temple in the 1st century which led to the foundation of this town. It was earlier called "Bhimapuram", which gradually changed to "Bhimavaram." This town is in the epicenter of the fertile Godavari delta region, which makes it a principal trade center of paddy. Agriculture-based businesses thrive in the area. Food processing, aquaculture, rice mills, etc., are the main sources of economic growth of the town. Bhimavaram is the regional center for higher education as well as specialized health services. Bhimavaram is recognized for the Gunupudi Someswara temple. Built during the 3rd century AD, this temple is one of the five holy Pancharamas. The Shiva lingam idol in this temple is known for changing its color. As per the lunar calendar, it turns black during the new moon and white during the full moon. It is a place of major tourist attraction.
The SVC Cooperative Bank Limited is a banking company incorporated and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of theShamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. The bank in opened first Co-operative store in 1910. In 1915, the first Co-operative housing society was built in Bombay. In 1927, the Fidelity Guarantee Fund was launched simultaneously with Distress Relief Fund in 1931 and Staff Gratuity Fund in 1954. In 1964, Safe Deposit Vaults were introduced by the bank. In Fiscal 2016, the deposits of the bank crossed 13000 crores. In 2002, the corporate office was opened by the bank at SVC Tower in Vakola. In 2003, Genius I Core banking solution was implemented in all the branches of SVC bank.