The city of Bellary in the Indian state of Karnataka is also known as the corporation city. It has several other names such as Kuntala Desha, Sindavadi-Nadu and Nolambavadi-Nadu. It is a very well-known mining town. Various dynasties like the Chalukyas, the Vijanagara Empire, the Marathas, the Nizams, the Sultans, etc. have ruled over this city for years. Bellary is divided into 35 wards in order to ensure effective governance and administration, which is managed by elected representatives. The main source of the citys economy is from the industries like mining and agriculture. The city houses various industries like steel, textiles, garments and rice mills. Bellary attracts tourists in between October and December from India and abroad. The city is known for its majestic forts, serene hills, verdant parks, gardens and green spaces. Popular tourist spots in Bellary include the Bellari fort, The Ballari and Kumbara Rock Hills, Bellary Zoo, Kuntegadda Park, Kaategudda Park, Nagaruru Narayanarao Park, etc. The city has a multi-lingual community. While Kannada is the official language, Telugu is the most widely used language in this city. Moreover, Dakhini and Hindi are also spoken by many. There are several minority speakers of Gujarati, Rajasthani, Punjabi, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Marwari, Nepali, Odia, Bihari, and Manipuri.
The SVC Cooperative Bank Limited is a banking company incorporated and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of theShamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. The bank in opened first Co-operative store in 1910. In 1915, the first Co-operative housing society was built in Bombay. In 1927, the Fidelity Guarantee Fund was launched simultaneously with Distress Relief Fund in 1931 and Staff Gratuity Fund in 1954. In 1964, Safe Deposit Vaults were introduced by the bank. In Fiscal 2016, the deposits of the bank crossed 13000 crores. In 2002, the corporate office was opened by the bank at SVC Tower in Vakola. In 2003, Genius I Core banking solution was implemented in all the branches of SVC bank.