Jamshedpur is the earliest planned industrial city of India and also the most populous city in the Indian state of Jharkhand. The rivers Subarnarekha and Kharkai border two edges of the city which is surrounded by the picturesque Dalma Hills and located on the Chota Nagpur plateau. The city is named after Jamsedji Tata, who had planned and funded the development of the city. Companies like Tata Steel, Tata Power, Tata Motors, TCE, TCS, Lafarge Cement, Telcon, BOC Gases, etc. are located here. Jamshedpur houses the largest industrial zone in India, known as Adityapur, which has more than 1200 SMEs. Tata steel is the oldest and largest Steel producing plant in India. The areas surrounding the city of Jamshedpur are rich in minerals, especially iron ore, coal, manganese, bauxite and lime. It is the hub of the iron and steel industry, truck manufacturing, tinplate production, cement and other SMEs manufacturing these products. The administration of the city is looked after by Greater Jamshedpur Metropolitan Region, with the help of TATA group.
PNB was found in 1894 and registered under the Company Act on 19th May with its office in Lahore before partition. Presently the head office is in New Delhi, India. The bank had over 80 million customers, 6,900 branches across India. Overseas, PNB has a banking subsidiary in the UK, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Dubai, and Kabul. It was established with the primary objective of strengthening the economic development in the country. The representative offices of PNB are in Dubai, Sydney, Almaty, Oslo, and Shanghai. The bank started its operations on 12th April 1895. The founding members of PNB consist of many leaders from the Swadeshi movement. Mr.Lala Lajpat Rai was actively involved with the management of bank in its initial years of formation. The PNB was the first national bank to began and survive with the national capital. It had the privilege of maintaining accounts of prominent leaders such as Lal Bahadur Shastri, Mahatma Gandhi, Indira Gandhi and JL Nehru. The first branch of PNB outside Lahore was started in 1900. In 1969, the government nationalized it.