Darbhanga is situated in the Indian state of Bihar. It is a municipal corporation, as well as the administrative headquarter, for the Darbhanga district and the Darbhanga division. It is considered to be the cultural hub of the Mithila region. Historically, Darbhanga was the seat of the Raj Darbhanga as well as the capital region of ancient Mithila. The city hosts nearly three lakh people and experiences a humid climate. The city is known for its educational institutes like the prestigious Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital, Womens Institute of Technology, Darbhanga College of Engineering, Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University, etc. The city is well connected to all other important regions in the vicinity through roads and railway. Darbhanga Junction is one of the oldest railway stations of Bihar and has a massive network. It is one of the highest earning railway junctions in the eastern zone. The airport at Darbhanga was earlier a military base but is scheduled to operate commercial flights in 2019.
PNB was found in 1894 and registered under the Company Act on 19th May with its office in Lahore before partition. Presently the head office is in New Delhi, India. The bank had over 80 million customers, 6,900 branches across India. Overseas, PNB has a banking subsidiary in the UK, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Dubai, and Kabul. It was established with the primary objective of strengthening the economic development in the country. The representative offices of PNB are in Dubai, Sydney, Almaty, Oslo, and Shanghai. The bank started its operations on 12th April 1895. The founding members of PNB consist of many leaders from the Swadeshi movement. Mr.Lala Lajpat Rai was actively involved with the management of bank in its initial years of formation. The PNB was the first national bank to began and survive with the national capital. It had the privilege of maintaining accounts of prominent leaders such as Lal Bahadur Shastri, Mahatma Gandhi, Indira Gandhi and JL Nehru. The first branch of PNB outside Lahore was started in 1900. In 1969, the government nationalized it.