singrauli, in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, is popularly known as the Energy capital of India. The area used to be covered in dense forests earlier that was not navigable and inhabited by wild animals. It was earlier known as Shringavali. It was named after a sage known as Shringi. The kings of the Rewa State ruled the area till 1947. They used the area as an open-air prison to detain errant civilians and officers. Singrauli has five tehsils now - Singrauli, Chitrangi, Deosar, Mada and Sarai. Singrauli has a group of rock-cut caves called Mada Caves made in the 7th and 8th century. All major companies operating in this area belongs to the Indian energy industry, which entirely drives the economy of the city. The companies focus on mining of coal and subsequent power generation. NTPC, Coal India Limited, Essar, Hindalco, Reliance and several other established companies have set up their plants at Singrauli. The industrial belt has also resulted in a critical condition of air pollution which is a serious concern.
After the Banking Regulations Act was introduced in1949, the Laxmi Vilas Bank received its license from RBI and became a scheduled commercial bank? revealing its capability of operating as a full-fledged commercial bank. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank and was founded in 1926. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.