Narasaraopet is situated in the Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. The municipal town functions as the headquarter of the Narasaraopet revenue division and the Narasaraopet Mandal. Narasaraopet has received its name from a wealthy landlord who earlier owned most of the surrounding areas, known as Narasa Rao. This town is the major commercial trading center in the Guntur district. it also has a lot of educational institutes. The town is surrounded by many engineering, dental, PG and pharmacy colleges. The town of Narasaraopet was built on flat land surrounded by hilly extensions of the Eastern Ghats. Narasaraopet experiences exceptionally hot summers and mild winters. Monsoon rains are concentrated in the months of July?September. The town is home to more than 1 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu. A major religious fair dedicated to Lord Shiva is held at Kotappakonda located near Narasaraopet and it is an attractive tourist destination.
After the Banking Regulations Act was introduced in1949, the Laxmi Vilas Bank received its license from RBI and became a scheduled commercial bank? revealing its capability of operating as a full-fledged commercial bank. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank and was founded in 1926. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.