Madanapalle is located in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh. The town functions as the headquarter of the Madanapalle revenue division and mandal. The town was founded by Sri Ahobila Nayunivaru in 1618 AD. The economy of Madanapalle is based on agriculture. The main cultivated products are tomato, mango, groundnut, tamarind, etc. It is the largest tomato market in Asia. The tomatoes from this area are supplied to many Indian states. Madanapalle is known for its silk products like silk saris and dress materials. One can get good quality silk products at nominal costs. These silk garments are supplied to all major cities in South India such as Bangalore, Chennai and all silk product towns for sales. Madanapalle surroundings have enormous reserves of granite. Madanapalle is well connected to all nearby areas via road and rail. Three Bus terminals provide services in Madanapalle. Madanapalle Road Railway Station connects the town to the nearby cities of Guntakal and Secunderabad.
After the Banking Regulations Act was introduced in1949, the Laxmi Vilas Bank received its license from RBI and became a scheduled commercial bank? revealing its capability of operating as a full-fledged commercial bank. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank and was founded in 1926. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.