Kulti is a neighborhood in Asansol in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is situated in the Asansol Sadar subdivision of the Paschim Bardhaman district. The city of Kulti lies between two great rivers ? the Damodar and the Ajay. The rivers run parallelly with the city in between, and the area is composed of undulating laterite soil. Kulti was a small village earlier but it underwent major development when the IISCO plant was set up in the area. Kulti had India?s first blast furnace that operated in the plant at Burnpur from 1875 to the 1950s. Steel was manufactured for the first time in India in open hearth furnaces in 1904 at Kulti. Spun pipes were made for the first time in India at Kulti. Kulti is an industrial township with most of its residents employed in the industrial belt in and around the city. There are a few places worth visiting nearby such as Maithon Dam, Panchet Dam, Bakreshwar, Bishnupur and Tagores Shantiniketan.
After the Banking Regulations Act was introduced in1949, the Laxmi Vilas Bank received its license from RBI and became a scheduled commercial bank? revealing its capability of operating as a full-fledged commercial bank. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank and was founded in 1926. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.