Darbhanga is situated in the Indian state of Bihar. It is a municipal corporation, as well as the administrative headquarter, for the Darbhanga district and the Darbhanga division. It is considered to be the cultural hub of the Mithila region. Historically, Darbhanga was the seat of the Raj Darbhanga as well as the capital region of ancient Mithila. The city hosts nearly three lakh people and experiences a humid climate. The city is known for its educational institutes like the prestigious Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital, Womens Institute of Technology, Darbhanga College of Engineering, Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University, etc. The city is well connected to all other important regions in the vicinity through roads and railway. Darbhanga Junction is one of the oldest railway stations of Bihar and has a massive network. It is one of the highest earning railway junctions in the eastern zone. The airport at Darbhanga was earlier a military base but is scheduled to operate commercial flights in 2019.
After the Banking Regulations Act was introduced in1949, the Laxmi Vilas Bank received its license from RBI and became a scheduled commercial bank? revealing its capability of operating as a full-fledged commercial bank. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank and was founded in 1926. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.