Parbhani is a city in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It functions as the administrative headquarters of Parbhani District situated in the Marathwada region of the state. Parbhani was earlier a part of the Nizam State and was later passed on to the Hyderabad State. When the Indian states were reorganized in 1956, Parbhani became a part of the then Bombay state. It was included within the boundaries of Maharashtra in 1960. The famous Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Agricultural University is located in Parbhani. In ancient times, the city was known by the name "Prabhavati Nagari," named after a massive temple of Goddess Prabhavati in the area. The present name of the city is a distorted form of Prabhavati. Parbhani has around 3 lakh residents and has been recognized as one of the cleanest cities in Maharashtra. Parbhani is located in the Godavari Valley, and hence the citys soil is very fertile as well as rich in nutrients. The economy of Parbhani is largely fuelled by agriculture and agribusiness. Parbhani is well connected to the neighboring areas and also offers all modern amenities to its residents. An annual festival is organized at Hazrat Turabul Haq Dargah in Parbhani, which attracts lakhs of tourists each year.
The Indian Bank was founded on 15th August,1907. Fourteen top banks were nationalized by the Indian Government on 19th July,1969, including Indian Bank. As a result of the nationalization, the branches of nationalized Indian banks in Malaysia were forbidden to continue operations as parent branches. At that time, Indian Bank had three offices. In 1973, the three branches merged to establish United Asian Bank Berhad and take over their Malaysian operations. After the nationalization, Indian Bank was left with only two foreign offices, one in Colombo and the other in Singapore. The International expansion resumed in 1978 with Indian Bank becoming a technical adviser to PT Bank Rama in Indonesia. Two years later, Indian Bank, BOB, and UBI established Indian Union Bank International Finance, in Hong Kong. The three banks had an equal share in the joint venture; the Indian Banks Chairman became the first Chairman of IUB International Finance. In May 1980, the Indian Bank also opened a foreign currency unit at its branch in Colombo. In 1981, the Indian Bank set up its first Regional Rural Bank, in Chittoor.