Kavali is situated in the Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh. It is a major municipal corporation in Andhra Pradesh and also the second largest city in the Nellore district. The city has around 1 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu. The name of this city was coined by Potuluri Veerabrahmendra Swami. It means patrol in the local language. This is because the Udayagiri king, Harihara Rayulu, had stationed his army at this town in 1515. Kavali is often referred to by the name "Kanakapatnam" which means "wealth will flow into this place." Kavali is a seaside town, located 8 kilometers away from the Bay of Bengal coastline. The National Highway 16 and the Kavali railway station on the Howrah-Chennai main line ensures a great connectivity to this city. Apart from the government-run and private educational institutions, the Visvodaya group has set up many schools and colleges at Kavali. This scenic city provides a pleasant environment to live in, away from the busy city life and traffic.
The Indian Bank was founded on 15th August,1907. Fourteen top banks were nationalized by the Indian Government on 19th July,1969, including Indian Bank. As a result of the nationalization, the branches of nationalized Indian banks in Malaysia were forbidden to continue operations as parent branches. At that time, Indian Bank had three offices. In 1973, the three branches merged to establish United Asian Bank Berhad and take over their Malaysian operations. After the nationalization, Indian Bank was left with only two foreign offices, one in Colombo and the other in Singapore. The International expansion resumed in 1978 with Indian Bank becoming a technical adviser to PT Bank Rama in Indonesia. Two years later, Indian Bank, BOB, and UBI established Indian Union Bank International Finance, in Hong Kong. The three banks had an equal share in the joint venture; the Indian Banks Chairman became the first Chairman of IUB International Finance. In May 1980, the Indian Bank also opened a foreign currency unit at its branch in Colombo. In 1981, the Indian Bank set up its first Regional Rural Bank, in Chittoor.