The city of Bhusawal is also a municipal council in the Jalgaon district of the Indian state of Maharashtra. Situated near River Tapi, Bhusawal is the second largest town in the district. The city lies very near to the great and famous Ajanta Caves. Major industrial facilities at Bhusawal include the Bhusawal Thermal Power Station, two Ordnance Factories, Orient Cement Grinding Unit, a depot of Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Electricity Locomotive Workshop, etc. Bhusawal is known for its cultivation of bananas. Traders buy raw bananas from Bhusawal and export them across the world. This city is also known for the production of its special white brinjals that are grown locally. Bhusawal Junction railway station is a divisional headquarters of Central Railway and has good rail services. The population of this city is within a lakh and the residents mostly speak in Marathi.
The Indian Bank was founded on 15th August,1907. Fourteen top banks were nationalized by the Indian Government on 19th July,1969, including Indian Bank. As a result of the nationalization, the branches of nationalized Indian banks in Malaysia were forbidden to continue operations as parent branches. At that time, Indian Bank had three offices. In 1973, the three branches merged to establish United Asian Bank Berhad and take over their Malaysian operations. After the nationalization, Indian Bank was left with only two foreign offices, one in Colombo and the other in Singapore. The International expansion resumed in 1978 with Indian Bank becoming a technical adviser to PT Bank Rama in Indonesia. Two years later, Indian Bank, BOB, and UBI established Indian Union Bank International Finance, in Hong Kong. The three banks had an equal share in the joint venture; the Indian Banks Chairman became the first Chairman of IUB International Finance. In May 1980, the Indian Bank also opened a foreign currency unit at its branch in Colombo. In 1981, the Indian Bank set up its first Regional Rural Bank, in Chittoor.