Yamunanagar is a municipal corporation in the eponymous district of the Indian state of Haryana. The river Yamuna runs through the city and thats how the city has got its name. The town is popular for its cluster of plywood units, which provides Indias finest timber to even larger industries. The old town of Yamunanagar is called Jagadhri. The Jagadhri railway station is situated in Yamunanagar and it services the city. Yamunanagar used to be a green, clean and prosperous industrial city which has recently developed severe pollution problems. The city is rapidly developing, with the inauguration of many multiplexes and various high-end brand stores. The city has nearly 4 lakh residents who speak in Hindi, Pwadhi, Punjabi and Haryanvi. The Ballarpur Industries Limited at Yamunanagar is the countrys largest manufacturer of writing and printing paper. The city manufactures paper and sugar machinery and other equipment for petrochemical plants, that are shipped to various other refineries across the country. The city is known for its plywood industry, which runs on the easily accessible raw material ? poplar tree. Yamunanagar has one of Indias biggest railway carriage and wagon repair workshops. Reliance has recently installed a Thermal Power Station in the town.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.