Warangal is an important city in the Indian state of Telangana, which is the second largest in the state right after the capital city Hyderabad. The city is dotted with monuments and flouts a rich religious as well as cultural history. Warangal serves as the headquarters of Warangal Urban as well as Rural Districts. The city is divided into 58 political wards where with ward represented by an area comparator. Warangal has seen a rapid growth and urbanization in the recent years. Agriculture is the main economic activity. However, water crisis prevails and farming relies on irrigation depending mainly on the monsoons. Paddy, cotton, mango and wheat are some of the crops grown extensively in this area. Warangal has notable educational institutions such as the Kakatiya University, the Kakatiya Medical College and NIT Warangal. There are lots of attractions in and around Warangal for casual tourists as well as for students of history and culture. The Warangal Fort, Thousand Pillar Temple, Pakhal Lake, Kakatiya Rock garden, Kakatiya Musical Garden, Badhrakali Temple, etc are great places to visit in Warangal.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.