Vijayawada, known as Bezawada in the local language, is located on the banks of Krishna river in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Vijayawada is the 2nd most populous city in the state and it will soon become one of the satellite cities to the new state capital. The city works as a gateway to the rest of the country for the coastal agrarian regions of Andhra Pradesh. It also boasts of a high GDP. Vijayawada is surrounded by River Krishna which contributes to the fertile agricultural soil. Prakasham Barrage is one of the most recognizable and well-known landmarks of the city. The latest administration of the city is carried out by dividing the city into 59 wards. The economy in the city depends on agriculture along with other modern industries such as textile, automobile, hardware, consumer goods and other SMEs. There are a few large industrial estates located in and around the city which are known for heavy industries and the small-scale manufacture of auto components. Vijayawada is a major hub for education. There are many government-run and private academic institutions in the city like the SRR & CVR Government College, Andhra Loyola College, V R Siddhartha Engineering College, School of Planning and Architecture.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.