Vizianagaram is a seaside city in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It functions as the headquarters of the Vizianagaram district and mandal. The city is close to the Bay of Bengal and around 40 kilometers away from Visakhapatnam. Various rivers flow through the city such as Nagavali, Vegavathi, Champavathi, Gomukhi, Suvarnamukhi, and Gostani, rendering the area very fertile and conducive to agriculture. There are several irrigation projects on these rivers which indirectly contribute to the economy of the city. The city experiences a predominantly hot and humid climate throughout the year. Around 2.3 lakh residents live in Vizianagaram who mainly speak in Telugu. The city is known for its production of Jute. The coastal belt of Vizianagaram is known for salt cultivation. The largest industry in this area is the manufacture units of ferromanganese. The city has 22 large-scale industries that manufacture jute twine, ferroalloys, sponge, sugar, cement, pharmaceuticals and iron. Vizianagaram has quite a few small-scale industries that focus on general engineering, motor workshops, RCC spun pipes, sawmills, aluminum utensils, groundnut oil mills, rolling mills and vehicle parts.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.