The industrial city of Unnao in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh functions as the headquarter of the Unnao district. It has three industrial suburbs around it. Unnao is a part of Central Ganges Plain and the region falls under the Kanpur-Lucknow Counter Magnet Area. A new satellite town of Unnao by the name of Trans Ganga City is being built to develop Unnao as a major infrastructural and industrial and hub. Unnao was earlier known for its dense forest cover until the 12th century when Godo Singh of the Rajput clan cleared the forest and established a settlement in the area called Sawai Godo. This town went into the hands of the rulers of the Kannauj. A governor was appointed to look after the place, but he was killed by a Bisen Rajput called Unwant Rai Singh. Thus the area passed on to the usurper Unwant Rai Singh, who built a fort and renamed the place as Unnao after himself. Unnao is known for its leather, chemical industries and mosquito nets. Tanning is the biggest contributor to Unnaos economy, followed by the dye and printing of mosquito nets. The city has many historical buildings and structures apart from beautiful lakes and scenic landscapes.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.