The city of Tiruppur is situated in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is the states fifth largest. Thiruppur lies on the banks of the River Noyyal and serves as the administrative headquarters of the Tiruppur district. The city is also familiar to many as the "Knit Wear Capital of India" or as "Textile City." Tiruppur was a major part of a trade route and was much coveted by various ruling dynasties in India during the medieval period. The city is a manufacturing hub for textiles, knitwear, bleaching and dyes. The economy of the city is flourishing on textiles. There are small industries manufacturing commodities for MNCs like Nike, Walmart, Adidas, Diesel, Tommy Hilfiger, etc. The educational necessities of students in Tiruppur are taken care of by renowned institutions like Tamil Nadu School Of Architecture, Alagappa University, Bharathiar University, A.S Educational Institute, Bharathiyar University, School Of Distance Education, etc. Tiruppur is an ancient city and hosts many monuments of cultural, religious as well as historical significance. A few areas of tourist interest in and around Tiruppur are Avinashi Temple, Thirumoorthy Dam, Tirupur Kumaran Memorial Statue, Amaravathi Crocodile Farm, Orathuppalayam Dam, Ayyan Kovil, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.