Trichy or Tiruchirappalli is a tier II city in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is the fourth largest city in the state and also the headquarter of Tiruchirappalli District. It is divided into 60 wards for its current administration with a wide and diverse population of more than 9 lakh. Trichy is located at the geographic center of Tamil Nadu and in the vicinity of River Cauverys delta region. The city has a rich religious history and is an ancient region with a lot of cultural significance. Tiruchirappalli is a major hub for engineering equipment manufacturing and fabrication. The economy of the city is driven by trade and small-scale industries in textile manufacturing. The densely populated city of Trichy is encompassed by agricultural fields where finger millets, paddy and maize are cultivated. The city is also known for its tanneries, oil presses and cigar-manufacturing units. Trichy is a celebrated center for education. The city boasts of its 45 arts and science colleges, 40 polytechnic colleges apart from institutes of great repute such as NIT Trichy, IIIT Trichy, Anbil Dharmalingam Agricultural College and Research Institute, Anna University Tiruchirappalli, etc. Major tourist spots in the city include Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, Rock Fort Temple, Jambukeswarar Temple, St. Lourdes Church, Kallanai Dam, etc. Trichy is considered to be the third cleanest city in India preceded by Chandigarh and Mysore.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.