Tenali is located in the Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. The Tenali Mandal and the Tenali revenue division are headquartered in this municipal town. Tenali is renowned for its art, cultural, drama and is hence often referred to as the Andhra Paris. It is a part of the capital region of Andhra Pradesh. Tenali is well connected to all the villages nearby. People from the rural areas often travel to Tenali to seek work. The city is rapidly developing. It has many modern amenities such as access to theatres, parks, shopping complexes, etc. Tenali is known for its three canals that run parallelly with roads in between. Tenali Ramakrishna, one of the 8 poets and court jesters of King Krishnadevaraya was from Tenali. The Andhra?Satavahana dynasty had ruled over the region from 225 B.C. to 225 A.D. Jainism and Buddhism flourished in the area as per the relics found in the excavations around the city. Tenali thrives on agriculture and trade. The Krishna River provides irrigation to the agricultural lands around the city. The major crops cultivated at Tenali include black gram, maize and jowar. Trading and exporting agricultural products take place at the Tenali Agriculture Market yard. The Vaikuntapuram Venkateswara temple, the Iglesia Ni Cristo church and Chinaravuru park are places worth visiting in Tenali.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.