Tadipatri is a town in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. It is also known by the name of Tadpatri. Tadipatri city functions as the headquarter of the Tadipatri Mandal in the Anantapur revenue division. The Tadipatri municipality is a first-grade municipality which was constituted in the year 1920. It is divided into 34 wards for effective administration. The city is located at the border of Kadapa and Kurnool district. The ancient and world-famous Chintala Venkataramana Temple which sprawls over a five-acre area is located in Tadipatri. The Penna river flows through the city. The Bugga Ramalingeswara Temple, located within one kilometer from Tadipatri, is known for its Shiva Lingam which seated on a pedestal that is filled with water at all times from a small spring. These temples bring a lot of devotees and tourists to Tadipatri from the neighboring areas. Tadipatri has cement grade limestone deposits. These limestone reserves largely contribute the economy of the city. Tadipatri has a treasure-house of beautiful ancient sculptures from the Vijayanagara empire.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.