Tadepalligudem, also known as TPG, is located in West Godavari in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It has a municipality and the headquarters of Tadepalligudem is situated in the Elluru division. The demographics of the city is fascinating with the sex-ratio at 1022 females per 1000 males. The population constitutes of 51,378 males and 52,528 females and the total population adds up to 103,906. One of the striking features of this city is the high literacy rate, 83.10% much higher than the national literacy rate of 73%. It is not surprising that the city has a large number of schools and colleges. The towns and cities surrounding Tadepalligudem include Bhimadalu, Dabacherla, Madhavaram etc. The historical significance of Tadepalligudem in World War 2 cannot be overstated. It was a military base for the East India Company and the Britishers constructed an airport in the city for sending military off to the War. However, the airport has not been modified for commercial use, once it is renovated suited for commercial purposes, the trade and commerce in the city can also improve. Tadepalligudem is famous for its jaggery market and rice cultivation. While Maharashtra has the tag of the largest producer of jaggery, Tadipalligudam is considered as the chief producer of jaggery. Tadepalligudem has the largest rice mill in the entire district. Along with rice mills, food, fat and fertilizer industries are also moderately successful in this region. Transportation is a big industry in this town, with more than 6000 transport vehicles, the transport industry of Tadepalligudem is comparable to the coastal capital of Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.