sultan Pur Majra is located in the North West district of Delhi. It is a census town and an integral part of the National Capital Region of India or NCR. This city has more than 1.6 lakh people who mostly speak in Hindi and English. The residents of this town mostly work in various service sectors of the NCR region. Sultan Pur Majra is being rapidly developed into a residential city. Modern amenities such as educational institutes, entertainment facilities, recreational facilities, shopping centers are being gradually set up in the area to offer a comfortable lifestyle to the people. Sultan Pur Majra is very well connected to the capital city of Delhi via road and Delhi metro.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.