satna is a city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh that also serves as the Satna districts administrative headquarters. The city derives its name from the nearby Satna river which flows through the Baghelkhand region of the state. According to the Hindu epic Mahabharata, the Haihaya, Kalchuri or Chedi clans were the inhabitants of the region. Satna has a long history of being a part of various princely states. The city sits on a mineral-rich area and is known for dolomite mines and limestone and it contributes around 8% to 9% of the countrys total cement production. There are ten cement factories in Satna and the product is exported to other parts of the country. Satna houses the well-known electrical cable company called Universal Cables. Satna also serves as a major spot for religious tourism including Chitrakoot, Maihar and Bharhut. There are many temples, a Buddhist Stupa and a fort in the vicinity of the area. The city has quite a few good schools and colleges and is currently upgrading itself to become a modern city with all modern facilities. This city is often called the commercial capital of Baghelkhand as it is among the most promising cities of the state. Several new industries have been planned to be set up in this city by some of the most reputed industrial houses in India.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.