sasaram city, in the Indian state of Bihar, is the largest sub-metropolitan area of the state. Sasaram has many religious and historical places to visit, which are surrounded by the scenic Kaimur mountains and the Sone and Kav rivers. The name of the city is also spelled as Sahasram. It was an ancient village which was known as the gateway of "Vihar" as it would give one entry to the Nalanda and Gaya area. Gautama Buddha had passed through this city on his way to gaining enlightenment at Gaya. Many industries are situated around Sasaram city. Gauraxni, Fazalganj, New Area and Tomb Area are the commercial zones with several malls, multiplexes, hotels and premium medical facilities. The remaining regions like Muradabad, Dehri, Dalmianagar, Nokha, Tilauthu, Jamuhar, Son Nagar, Amjhor and Kudra function as the administrative headquarter of the Rohtas district. Sasaram city is known for its high literacy rate and the area with highest forest cover in Bihar. Sasaram is known for the production of fertilizer, stone chips, cement and for the quarrying industry. Bhojpuri, Hindi, and Urdu are the major languages spoken by the 1.5 lakh residents of Sasaram who mainly follow Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism, Buddhism and Jainism. The economy of Sasaram is fuelled by agriculture as well as related industries like rice polishing.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.