sambhal is a city in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The Sambhal district was carved out of the Moradabad district in 2011. It comprises three tehsils: Sambhal and Chandausi, and Gunnaur. Sambhal city is popular for its unique craft items made of horns and bones. These items are manufactured in the Sarai Tarin for export. Sambhal is believed to have flourished during the rule of Akbar. However, the growth rate diminished and the city lost its popularity when Shah Jahan took over the charge of the city. Sambhal has many mint farms and it is Asias largest market of mentha oil or Methanol. The Sarai Tarin area is famous for its handicraft industry. Decorated showpieces of bone and horns with intricate handiwork are exported to Europe. The rural residents are mostly employed in agriculture. Having been ruled by great Islamic rulers from the Mughal dynasty and the Delhi Sultanate, Sambhal houses many mosques and mausoleums of Islamic architecture. The Shahi Jama Masjid, Chakki Ka Paat, Tota Maina Ki Kabr, Manokamna Mandir, etc. are the places worth visiting at Sambhal.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.