Ghaziabad is a well-known city which is often called the “Gateway of Uttar Pradesh” due to its proximity to the capital city of India, New Delhi. Ghaziabad is a part of the National Capital Region and is inhabited by more than 2 million people. Wazir Ghazi-ud-din founded Ghaziabad in 1740. He named it ‘Ghaziuddinnagar’ after himself. The Mughal royal family would visit Ghaziabad for picnics, especially in the areas near the Hindon river. The Hindon river clearly divides the city into two parts – the Cis-Hindon on the east bank and the Trans-Hindon on the west. Ghaziabad is a huge and planned industrial city and it is the main educational, commercial and industrial center of Western Uttar Pradesh. Ghaziabad witnessed a gigantic industrial growth soon after independence. Steel manufacturing units were the first to be set up in the area, followed by electronic industries. Many major industrial houses quickly followed in setting up their units in and around Ghaziabad. A rapidly developing city, plenty of new job opportunities have recently opened up in Ghaziabad owing to its recent corporate boost. Many new commercial and residential projects are being set up in the city, gradually turning Ghaziabad into a real estate hub.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.